High visibility clothing
Wenaas, our main supplier, developed their latest high visibility line together with people working in the building and construction sector. The workers’ knowledge combined with Weenas experts helped them in developing a successful high visibility clothing line. The collection is made with ergonomic solutions and in materials that are hard-wearing and comfortable, which makes an excellent fit.
Benefits of High Visibility clothing from Wenaas
- Capacity always to achieve class 3 – by choosing jointly certified garments, you can put together a product mix of high visibility workwear that suits your own preferences, while remaining confident that you are clearly visible to your colleagues.
- Consideration has been given to how large a logo surface you can use on all garments without affecting the certification class of the item in question.
- High visibility trousers are delivered in standard lengths, with the option to extend the length by removing the blue seam at the bottom end of the legs. If you prefer a shorter leg length, please state this when ordering. A simple size system and unique item numbers make it easy to find your size.
- The high visibility trousers feature wedge-shaped reinforcement at the groin, which improves both durability and comfort. The sleeve design prevents the top from riding up when you are working with your arms raised, while the rib-knit cuffs with thumb grips stop dirt and dust from entering the sleeves.
- The high visibility clothing is Øko-Tex® labeled, which is your guarantee that no allergenic or carcinogenic colourants were used in the production. Cordura fabric (240 g/m2) in hard-wearing areas helps increase the lifetime of the garment. Selected models of our high visibility workwear feature elastic reflectors for increased comfort.
Good things to know about high visibility workwear
What is the standard EN ISO 20471?
It is the standard that specifies requirements and testing methods for High Visibility workwear, the purpose of which is to make the wearer visible in all high-risk situations, regardless of light conditions.
The standard requires all high visibility workwear to be designed in a uniform manner. This includes the positioning of reflective and fluorescent materials.
The requirements applicable depend on what parts of the body the garment should cover (torso only, torso and arms, torso and legs, legs only, or torso, arms and legs). Reflective and fluorescent materials must be distributed equally on the front and rear of the garment, with a max. deviation of 10%.
The fluorescent properties of fluorescent textiles used for high visibility workwear must be retained after a given number of wash cycles. For textiles in contrasting colors, there is a requirement for the fastness of the color. The reflective properties of reflective textiles used for high visibility clothing must be retained after washing.
The minimum area of fluorescent textiles and reflective materials per high visibility workwear garment, in m2.
Textile high visibility clothing category 1
Fluorescent materials 0.14
Reflective materials 0.10
Textile high visibility clothing category 2
Fluorescent materials 0.50
Reflective materials 0.13
Textile high visibility clothing category 3
Fluorescent materials 0.80
Reflective materials 0.20